The year 2015 is finally here and my family has created some big savings goals. We plan to increase our income while cutting back on frivolous expenses. If you would like to save money this year than you may be interested in our money saving tips.
1) Carefully review your health insurance, tax information and retirement benefits. This year make sure that you have the best health plan possible and are taking advantage of any tax breaks available. You can use TurboTax 2013 to help you with your taxes. Using Turbo Tax 2013 is a better option than paying a hefty fee for professional services. By increasing your retirement contributions now, you can enjoy a worry free retirement down the road.
2) You can earn extra money doing the thing you love the most by starting up a small part-time business. If you enjoy woodworking, making crafts or organizing cluttered rooms you can sell your goods or services. This is a terrific way to earn a few extra dollars in your spare time.
3) Sell the things you no longer use. You can clean out your basement or garage and make some money in the process. You can sell gently used items online at Craigslist or through a local buy and sell group.
4) Weatherproof your home. Weather you are a homeowner or a renter who pays for utilities you can save a bundle this year by weatherproofing your house. You can save on both heating and air conditioning costs by sealing up any drafty windows in the home.
5) Get a cheaper cell phone and monthly plan. Far too many people pay too much for their cell phone. Rather than buying an expensive cell phone that comes with a pricey payment plan and long contract you can purchase an older model and sign up for low monthly services that can be cancelled at any time. You can even purchase a gently used cell phone for a bargain price.
Are you going to use Turbo Tax 2013 to file your taxes this year? Before you head to TurboTax.com, take a moment to read through these tips. With the deadline approaching, you need to know what to do at the last minute to make the filing process successful.
1. File the Paperwork Electronically
Did you know that Turbo Tax 2013 allows you to e-file your paperwork when you are done? This can save you a lot of time; it really only takes a few minutes. You will instantly submit your tax files so that you do not miss the deadline; you can even do this just hours before the cutoff time.
2. See if You Can Get an Extension
If you’ve been on TurboTax.com and you think you’re going to miss the deadline, you might want to file for an extension. The government will give you – if you are approved, of course – an addition six-month period to file your taxes. Wouldn’t you like to take care of them in October instead of April?
3. Know the Penalties
There are two main penalties that you can get if you use Turbo Tax 2013 or TurboTax.com and you do not get the tax documents in on time. The first is for failure to file, and the second is for failure to pay. Both could cost you up to an additional 25 percent of the total amount that you already owe. However, the IRS often gives extensions for people who have filed and not paid. You should at least get the paperwork in by the deadline, and you could end up avoiding both penalties, even if you don’t have the money to pay the taxes right now.
With these three tips and Turbo Tax 2013, you can reduce what you owe, avoid penalties, and make tax season a lot less stressful than it would be otherwise. The tools at TurboTax.com give you the power to file your taxes successfully without a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), so you’ll actually be able to keep all of the return that you get this year.