Posted on | February 4, 2016 | No Comments
If you didn’t win the Powerball, don’t let it get you down. H&R Block is giving away loads of cash during its H&R Block Giveaway. The lotteries will start on Saturday and continue for the next 32 consecutive days. This giveaway is being called a huge historical sweepstake. The company’s chief marketing officer, Kathy Collins, thinks that it might be the biggest one in history.
During the 2014 tax year, H&R Block completed more than 24 million tax returns. In past years, the company prepared tax returns for a 50 percent discount, and this involved other promotions as well. Per Collins, these discounts and promotions helped to get more tax returns filed on time. Basically, if you file your taxes before the deadline, you’ll have a better chance of winning a lottery prize.
During the H&R Block Giveaway, the company will feature two 30-second commercial ads to let people know about the its special promotion. One of the ads has actors dressed up like George Washington. They are all doing a funny dance. The company plans to use social media and local marketing to promote the two ads.
In addition, H&R Block is airing three more commercials that should make people want to do their own taxes. The company is promoting a special $9.90 price for diy customers. The company is also going to air two 15-second commercials and two 30-second commercials with Mr. Garland and Anthony Davis of the NBA. These commercials will be shown during February 15 and March 15 as a way to appeal to those who file their taxes late.
During the last year, H&R Block has been slowly eliminating its premium brand. It was changed to Block Advisers, and it includes 300 new regional locations. This brand is committed to helping those who have very difficult tax returns. This new brand will also feature a distinctive new logo.
Posted on | August 6, 2015 | Comments Off on Five Simple Ways To Earn And Save Money In 2015
The year 2015 is finally here and my family has created some big savings goals. We plan to increase our income while cutting back on frivolous expenses. If you would like to save money this year than you may be interested in our money saving tips.
1) Carefully review your health insurance, tax information and retirement benefits. This year make sure that you have the best health plan possible and are taking advantage of any tax breaks available. You can use TurboTax 2013 to help you with your taxes. Using Turbo Tax 2013 is a better option than paying a hefty fee for professional services. By increasing your retirement contributions now, you can enjoy a worry free retirement down the road.
2) You can earn extra money doing the thing you love the most by starting up a small part-time business. If you enjoy woodworking, making crafts or organizing cluttered rooms you can sell your goods or services. This is a terrific way to earn a few extra dollars in your spare time.
3) Sell the things you no longer use. You can clean out your basement or garage and make some money in the process. You can sell gently used items online at Craigslist or through a local buy and sell group.
4) Weatherproof your home. Weather you are a homeowner or a renter who pays for utilities you can save a bundle this year by weatherproofing your house. You can save on both heating and air conditioning costs by sealing up any drafty windows in the home.
5) Get a cheaper cell phone and monthly plan. Far too many people pay too much for their cell phone. Rather than buying an expensive cell phone that comes with a pricey payment plan and long contract you can purchase an older model and sign up for low monthly services that can be cancelled at any time. You can even purchase a gently used cell phone for a bargain price.
Posted on | March 14, 2015 | Comments Off on Tax Preparation Software Improves For 2015
By now, most people have received their tax forms and financial documents. This means that taxpayers are ready to get their tax returns completed and filed. The final step for most people involves choosing a tax preparation software, like Turbo Tax or H&R Block. For this year, that decision is a little bit more difficult. Companies have added new features this time around.
For instance, Turbo Tax now offers a mobile experience that’s identical to its desktop version. Users on iOS and Android devices will use exactly what desktop users do. Taxpayers can seamlessly switch from one version to another. Plus, all tax documents can be uploaded from a smartphone’s camera with ease.
H&R Block, TaxAct, and Turbo Tax are offering their software for free once again. Unlike previous years, users can access more features through free versions. Most companies are going to charge extra for state returns, but Turbo Tax is offering the service free of charge to simple return users.
Also, it’s important to note that CD versions of tax prep software are mostly gone. Users will have to access the software over the Internet. This won’t affect too many users, although some taxpayers prefer the disk versions of their favorite software. For most companies, the install CD is still available, but that won’t be true in a couple of years.
More and more features have been added to Turbo Tax and other tax preparation software. As soon as users pass the Turbo Tax login, they will notice some of these changes!
Posted on | January 6, 2015 | Comments Off on TurboTax Survey Reveals That Most Americans Are Unaware Of The Tax Implications Of Obamacare
TurboTax: US Residents Aware Of The Tax Impact Of Obamacare
According to a recent survey, 48% of Americans are oblivious of the requirements for reporting their health insurance condition on tax returns they file for 2014.
Given that the 2014 tax-filing season is just weeks off, An Intuit Turbo-tax Health Survey that has been performed via the web on 2,000 adults by Harris Poll suggests that Americans remain incognizant of the relation between taxes and health care.
Under Obamacare or the Affordable Care Act, Americans must show that they are in possession of good insurance,according to the law, when filing their 2014 taxes or they will be penalized.
Although the majority of Americans without health insurance, 62 percent, understand that people without health coverage will have to pay a punishment, many are not aware of the reality that the deadline for avoiding this penalty has already passed. Any health coverage secured during the current enrollment period which runs through Feb. 15, will only be applicable for returns that are completed in 2016.
According to the TurboTax Affordable Care Act product leader, Sacha Adam, these numbers show that most US residents do not recognize the connection between taxes and health care even with open enrollment.
Other information that the survey has revealed:
9 in 10 Americans currently have insurance, but people who reside in Southern US states are far less likely to have this coverage than people in any other region.
Almost half of all US residents do not know that there are deductions known as premium taxation credits that are in place to make health ins coverage less costly for families with low to medium income.
Almost 3-quarters of all US residents who bought health coverage from the ‘Health Insurance Marketplace’ intend to renew this same coverage in the year to come.
With extensive dealings in the San Diego area, TurboTax by Intuit Inc, has provided a free, web-based asset at TurboTaxHealth.com.
Posted on | August 14, 2014 | Comments Off on Intuit Study Shows Impact Of The Cloud On Small Businesses
Anyone interested in IRS publication 17 and small businesses will be interested in the Intuit study that demonstrates how the cloud will change small businesses. Many more businesses are moving to cloud computing in some way, for efficiency and success in the long term. Cloud technology offers numerous opportunities for small and large businesses alike.
Specialized services present one opportunity for small businesses, particularly in their seamless integration into back-office functions. Cloud services represent an efficient, tailored solution for small businesses, allowing them to concentrate their efforts on their specialties. They need not spend time and resources on tasks that are not critical to their area of expertise. Personnel who understand the scope of IRS publication 17 are not otherwise required to understand all sections or be completely versed in the finer details of taxes and finance.
Virtual office configurations, sometimes called hives, offer further opportunities for small businesses. Smaller organizations can recruit talent from anywhere, and these employees can collaborate effectively using cloud technology. Highly flexible staffing creates broad opportunities for small companies.
The opportunities inherent in cloud technology allow smaller outfits to compete in a real way with much larger organizations. When small businesses need not be concerned with staffing an entire accounting department, for example, they are free to focus on what they do best. This allows them to put their best foot forward in areas in which it counts when competing for business.
In a similar way, freelancers may come together using cloud technology to accomplish things as a collective, each bringing their specific skills and ideals to the group. Cloud infrastructure and its myriad possibilities and services allow entrepreneurs to put away IRS publication 17 and focus on their business interests. Payroll services delivered via the cloud, for instance, can take an unnecessary burden from professionals, allowing them to concentrate on their industry goals.
Posted on | June 18, 2014 | Comments Off on Find Out How To Make Your Child Care Expenses Work For You
Get tax credit this summer for your dependent care and child care costs
A lot of adults pay for day camps or child care during the summer months when they have to go to work. If you are a parent who covers these costs, you may be qualified to receive a federal tax credit that will reduce your taxes. Following are several important facts about the Child And Dependent Care Tax Credit:
1. You must be paying child or dependent care costs for at least one qualifying person. Dependent children or those who are below the age of thirteen will often qualify. To learn more about this rule, see the IRS publication 503 for Child and Dependent Care expenses.
2. These expenses have to be related to your work. Thus, you must pay for this care in order to maintain a job or look for one. If you and your spouse are filing a joint return, this rule will also apply to your spouse. A spouse can meet this requirement in any month in which he or she is enrolled as a full-time student. A spouse can also meet this requirement if he or she is mentally or physically incapable of self-care.
3. It will be necessary to have earned income, such as monies that come in the form of wages, tips or your normal work salary. If filing jointly with your spouse, this individual must also have income as well. Any month that your spouse is enrolled as a full-time student or incapable of caring for his or her self, this can be counted as earned income. This rule is also applicable to you if filing jointly. Check out IRS publication 503 for additional info.
4. If you are married you will need to file jointly in order to use this credit. This rule is not applicable, however, if you have left your spouse and live separately or if you are legally separated.
5. You could be qualified for this credit whether you pay for child care at home, at a day camp or at a daycare facility.
6. The credit is representative of a percentage of the qualified child or dependent care expenses that you pay. It can be up to 35% of your expenses, as determined by your income level.
7. The total expense that is applicable for this credit annually is limited. $3k is the limit for one qualified individual and $6 is the limit for two parties or more.
8. School tutoring costs, summer school costs and overnight camp charges are not qualified expenses. You will not be able to include the costs of care if this care is provided by a a child below the age of 19 or by your spouse. You may not claim a child as a dependent and claim the cost of any care that this child provides. There are special rules concerning dependent care benefits that employers provide.
9. Diligently maintain your records and receipts. Take note of the address, name and employer identification number or social security number of the individual who provides care. This information will need to be reported when filing your return and claiming this credit.